People to People has engaged a number of local media outlets and the Federal Ministry of Health to achieve various public health outreach objectives, which are currently being developed. Such planned activities include:
- Preparing and disseminating outreach materials using available multi-media facilities
- Preparation of materials for public health education and awareness creations
- Running a regular column in the local newspapers, which have a vast coverage area reaching many people in rural and urban areas, to create awareness about common local diseases of public health importance and how necessary precautions can be taken to reduce the burden
- Dissemination of local health-related research and survey findings in local languages through various press and other media, including radio, TV, internet, etc.
- Based on available assessments on the major causes of deaths in urban and rural settings, designing appropriate public health interventions to reduce the magnitude
- Promoting healthy behaviors and life skills for better health standards amongst students in elementary and high school, as well as tertiary training institutions in collaboration with the Ministry of Education